BC question

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
linsey17
not a newbie

BC question

Unread post by linsey17 »

It's me again! Lol. Just been doing some research and I had a few questions. I take lo loestrin fe btw.
I left a pack in my purse in a hot kitchen at work for about 5 hours. Did this make the pills ineffective?
The bleeding stopped a couple days after I originally posted here. But I just started bleeding again and I'm on the 7th day of my second pack. Is this normal? Or is it an indication that the pills are ineffective/ a pill didn't properly absorb? I took the pill 20 min late last night if that matters?
The pamphlet said one of the symptoms is spotting or bleeding between periods, but I still can't help but wonder.
Thanks in advance!
Stephanie
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: Social Butterfly :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: BC question

Unread post by Stephanie »

Ideally you don't want to carry them into the kitchen all the time, but they should be find from one shift. Spotting is a normal side effect of the pill, there's no way for anyone here or elsewhere to know if it's normal or abnormal spotting - we can simply say it is a typical side effect of the pill. I'd suggest if you don't always backing up with condoms to be safer since you seem to be concerned with the effectiveness alone.
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic