Hormones and sexuality

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
DarkLady
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Queer

Hormones and sexuality

Unread post by DarkLady »

Hi all

so basically I am a trans woman who has been on hormone replacement therapy for about 4 months so far. It has brought about a lot of changes so far but the biggest is in my sexuality. I can't have an orgasm like I used to before. I have looked around online but mostly I've come across things that deal with the anatomy I have in way that it dosen't work anymore. I don't ejuaculate anymore and I don't really get an erection like I used to. I still become aroused but it's not the same as it used to be.

I have been trying on my own to figure out how my body is supposed to work now but I would also like some guidance on the matter so if anyone could point me to something or given me some advice on how to reach organasm now I would appreciate it.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Hormones and sexuality

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Darklady,

The biggest piece of advice I can offer you is something you're already doing: experimenting! By giving yourself the space to explore your body and try out different things, you're more likely in the long run to find something(s) that work for you. Plus, by treating the process as an exploration, you take some of the pressure off of orgasm, which can ironically (sometimes) make it easier to orgasm.

I found this round-up of advice for trans women on sexual pleasure and response. Not only does it have a lot of details, it also includes links to other resources that can give you even more suggestions http://early2bed.com/2014/02/05/trans-w ... x-awesome/ . One other thought I have is bringing some toys into the mix, if you haven't already. Toys can introduce new sensations that you may find work really well in stimulating your body's response. More sex positive/feminist stores will have sections in their online sites aimed at trans folks (this is sometimes under the heading "gender play" which I don't love) if you're looking for toy options.
DarkLady
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by DarkLady »

Hi Sam W

Thank ou so much for the link and the suggestion about toys. I will take your advice :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! Hopefully the link will give you lots of useful information
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You might also find some helpful information if you research HRT used during menopause. The impacts are pretty similar, to my knowledge, and -- no shocker here, because: cissexism -- there's a lot more content and helps with that situation with HRT.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic