Question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kerplunk23
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Coolio

Question

Unread post by Kerplunk23 »

Hi scarleteen,

I've been using condoms for a long times, just yesterday I had sex with my gf using a condom and later on as we had sex I suddenly felt cold in the tip of my condom and because of that I had to stop and got really worried...

It's really my first time to experience this, I'm really worried why i felt a sudden cold in the tip, did the condom break? Or is it normal? :(
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kerplunk,

So, when a condom fails, it's very noticeable. When you pulled out, if the condom had broken, you'd have seen a big tear. If that didn't happen. You can assume the condom did its job.
Kerplunk23
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Coolio

Unread post by Kerplunk23 »

I'm going to check the condom later when I get home, I'm really hoping it doesn't have any tear. Argh I'm so worried that I can't think properly. Thanks Sam!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

If you didn't notice a tear as you took it off, there's probably not one to notice; even a small break or tear in a condom will become large pretty quickly because of the friction of sexual activity. So there isn't really a need to poke around in your trash to look at your condom. I think the best thing to do is think about how you feel moving forward; maybe it's time to talk to your partner about how comfortable you both are with your current birth control setup, and make extra sure you're using condoms properly (which greatly reduces the risk of breakage). We have some info on that here: Condom Basics: A User's Manual
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic