Nexplanon

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Calypso
not a newbie

Nexplanon

Unread post by Calypso »

I'vehad it in for a few months now. Really like it so far. One question: is it affected by vomiting or diarrhea at all? Doesn't seem like it will be but wanted to check.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Nexplanon

Unread post by Heather »

Nope. Implants work by putting hormones directly in your bloodstream. Unless you are some sort of alien who vomits or poops out of your arm where the implant is (in which case: that's amazing!), this is a non-issue. :P
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Calypso
not a newbie

Unread post by Calypso »

Do eyedrops of any kind affect it? Or nasal sprays? I ask as they also go into your bloodstream right?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You can rest assured that if anything like this would have made a difference in how this medication/device works, the healthcare provider who put it in for you would have let you know that.

But like anything else, you can always look up the patient information for your device from its manufacturer. You'll find that information for Nexplanon here: http://www.nexplanon.com/en/consumer/ma ... formation/

You'll see a list there (on the second page) if what kind of things to talk to your healthcare provider about (which they likely screened you for already before inserting your implant) if you are using them. Again, when patient information doesn't include things like you've asked about here, that's because they aren't issues. Things that are known or suspected to be will always be mentioned. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic