Nervous Sperm Situation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
englandboy19
not a newbie

Nervous Sperm Situation

Unread post by englandboy19 »

This is a really nervous situation for me, and given the circumstances I have been anxious and paranoid about this for many months. In a sense, it is controlling my life almost. Back in january, I masterubated before dinner. Usually I rub my hands into my underwear to get the sperm off of it, I always make sure to wash my hands too. But since I hadn’t been called downstairs yet, I didn’t see the point. Some time passed, twenty minutes at least. My hands were dry by that point, since I had rubbed and wiped the sperm off. I was called down to get my food, knowing what I had did prior. I washed my hands for a few seconds, I only used cold tap water because there wasn’t any soap at the sink. Before getting my own food, I turned around and scraped along my sister's food for a few seconds Now here’s the issue I am having, and the cause of my paranoia. I can’t seem to tell myself, I got nothing on her food. Because my hands were dry, and I had used water. Cold water kills sperm right? And even though I didn’t use soap, it still would’ve washed the sperm off? I can’t remember if I covered my entire hand in water which is another reason why I am so paranoid. I keep telling myself, that my hands were dry before coming downstairs too. And that for the most part, the sperm would’ve dried into my hands by now. What would be the chances of sperm getting on her food? Given everything I have explained already, I’m just curious. It was my sister’s food too, that makes the entire thing more awkward for me. I’ve read online various things, and heard that sperm can survive in water? Is this true? Given that my hands were dry of it before even putting water on them the risk is low at the most? If anything, I would’ve gotten water on her food instead since I didn’t get a chance to dry them before the action occurred. This wouldn’t be incest right? I keep telling myself that it’s not, because the entire thing was such an accident and given by how worried I am about I’m not okay with that concept. Any answers would be helpful to me, I need to set my mind at ease for the most part. Because this is ruining my life. Sorry for all of the questions inside of the question. I just want to be sure, I have nothing to worry about.Thank you so much in advance guys.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Nervous Sperm Situation

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there,

In general, washing your hands is going to be enough to get semen off of them. If you're not feeling that kind of tacky texture of semen on your hands after washing them, then it's no longer there, and sperm cells won't be there either. It sounds like it might give you more peace of mind to go ahead and wash your hands soon after masturbating in the future, but in the situation you're describing it doesn't sound like there's much chance you still had any significant amount on your hand.
I think sometimes people get into the habit of thinking about sperm cells like they're germs, but you can't pass them around to other people the way you can pass along a cold. Washing your hands, or even rinsing them off, is going to be enough. Using soap is going to be optimal just from a general hygiene standpoint, but I don't see any reason to think that you got anything on your sister's food.

It sounds like this has been something you've been worrying about for a while now. If you don't feel like your worry level is decreasing after reading this, I think it might be helpful to talk to a doctor or counselor about how you've been feeling. You don't have to go into detail about the situation, if you don't want, but it sounds like you're having some pretty big anxiety around this situation and getting support for that might be helpful.
englandboy19
not a newbie

Hi Mo,

Thanks for clearing this up for me, I think the main issue with this entire thing was that I was so aware that it had happened. Just for future reference and knowledge, is there any set level of time it takes for sperm to die? And is hand washing always needed to kill them? I'm not suggesting I won't be doing hand washing more from this point forward, just merely curious. Is there any set guidelines to getting rid of sperm properly, so in the worst case scenario this occurs again for whatever reason. I can take measures to avoid any sperm getting on food etc.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

This article gives some context on the fragility of sperm: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
Really the only guideline is just to wash your hands; you don't need to think about it any more than you'd think about washing your hands normally if you'd gotten dirt, food, paint, etc. on them. Keep in mind too that sperm cells aren't floating about independently of semen. If you don't see semen on your hands or wherever, there aren't going to be sperm cells there.
englandboy19
not a newbie

So all in all, I'm just over thinking the entire thing? I think given from the facts you've told me, anything getting on her food would've been impossible right?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

Yep, you're definitely overthinking this situation. :) And if you feel like you just can't let it go, I do think seeking out some mental health support to help deal with it may be a good idea.
englandboy19
not a newbie

I'm currently seeing someone about my anxiety at college, hopefully going to a Doctor about maybe getting some medication too. But thank you so much for this information Mo, you've honestly helped me so much. Time to get my life back on track I think! Thank you again, it's been much appreciated!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Mo »

You're quite welcome. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic