Contact Lens Solution Kills Sperm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Terra
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

Contact Lens Solution Kills Sperm?

Unread post by Terra »

Hey, few days ago my boyfriend and I were mutual mastubating (Masturbating in the same space with someone else). He did not touched my vagina at all. He handjob himself then when he was about to cum, he ejaculated on my stomach. I was wearing my underwear and shorts. I was also in a standing position. Some of the cum on my stomach were leaking towards my underwear so he quickly wiped them off using his old shirt. I think some of the cum touched my underwear.

He got panicked and ended up using his contact lens solution (ReNu) and splashed some of the solution on my stomach and then wiped them again with the same shirt.

Is the contact lens solution enough to kill the sperm? I'm sure that none of it leaked into my vagina cause at that time I was also on my period so I was wearing pantyliner, but after a few minutes, I went to the toilet to wash up and I went to pee, and after that I washed my stomach and used my shirt to dry up.

I've read that sperm are alkaline and also the contact lens solution was also alkaline. Could the contact lens solution effect the sperm to become stronger or faster?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Contact Lens Solution Kills Sperm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Terra,

Sperm are fragile little creatures and they need a certain set of conditions to survive that contact lens solution is not going to provide. You can read more about that here: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Thanks for replying and thanks for the article. Next, is it normal for a girl to have a pause in her menstrual cycle? for example, my period started on the thursday. Then on the saturday no period was found on my pad. Then sunday night, when i was about to take a shower, i noticed I had a heavy flow.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome :) And yes, your flow may get lighter and heavier from day to day during your period.
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Okay. So If I'm not mistaken, sperm can't survive in the contact lens solution? and there is no pregnancy risk in my situation?
Terra
not a newbie

Unread post by Terra »

Today, i noticed some discharge clear/white. I stopped having my period last night. What could this mean?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

You mentioned vaginal discharge. We've made a new thread to talk about that with you here: http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic. ... 230#p23230

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic