Masturbation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
carrotcake567
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing much really
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Unknown

Masturbation?

Unread post by carrotcake567 »

I am not sure if it is appropriate to ask questions like these on message boards but i thought it wouldn't hurt to try.
I have been interested in masturbation for quite a while now but i never seem to be able to get it right. Sometimes i can feel something (a pressure) building up but it only stays for five seconds even if i continue rubbing the same way i was doing to get the feeling in the first place. After that five seconds, the rubbing just becomes irritating rather than pleasurable.
I was wondering whether i am making a mistake or doing something wrong because it always seems to turn out that way, or if it is something that happens to lots of other people too. I was also wondering if i could get some advice onhow to possibly make things better, unless of course you are not supposed to answer these types of questions.
Thanks very much for any replies i may get.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Masturbation?

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there carrotcake,

We can certainly answer questions like this. We can't give specific tips for how you should masturbate, because it's such an individual thing that universal "best practices" don't really exist, but it's something we're happy to talk about! I don't think you're necessarily making mistakes, but it's common for people to take a while to figure out what feels best during masturbation. I think the best thing you can do it just keep experimenting. If you find you're feeling irritated or frustrated while masturbating, it's probably a good idea to take a break and come back to it when you're more in the mood.

One thing that's also important to consider is how aroused you are feeling before or as you're masturbating. If you aren't already feeling aroused, touching yourself isn't as likely to feel good and is more likely to feel too intense or irritating.

These two articles are a good place to start for some more thoughts on masturbation and orgasm:
How Do You Masturbate?
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic