Confused am I pregnant or no. Only 17

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bellaxoxo
Awesomeness Quotient: I can sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Confused am I pregnant or no. Only 17

Unread post by bellaxoxo »

I don't know if I'm pregnant. My last period was March 28th 2016. On my period tracker Calendar, I was fertile the April 7th-April 11th, I ovulated the 12th. I had sex the 9th of April, the condom broke. At the time we weren't worried and didn't care. I started getting cramps & weird stomach pains 10 days before my excepted period April 26th 2016. For the most part my period is regular & I get cramps an hour or less before my period starts. So I don't have pms & have been keeping track of my period since November 2014, I never get sick before my period, or get symptoms. Then I started getting tired all the time, which is not normal for me. My boobs were sore one day, then another day they weren't. I started getting headaches & hot flashes. I'm sleeping more then normal. I have taken a total of 7 pregnancy test that all have been negative. But the first 5 I took before my expected period. On the April 23rd I started having menstrual cramps & I had them also April 24th. On that same day I started bleeding this brown, thick, light stuff, & it wasn't period blood. I showed my sister who is pregnant & she said she was bleeding the same stuff. The bleeding lasted 3 days, then I was spotting the brown stuff till Friday April 29th. My has always lasted 5days & the 6th day im basically done. Then I took 2 after my expected period they were negative. I know for a fact it wasn't my period & so I'm late. My body has been acting differently & I know something is up. It's not normal for me to be sick like this. At moments I'm so hungry then at moments I don't want to eat. My boobs have been hurting more then lately. I'm having frequent headaches along with hot flashes. There is more salvia in my mouth then usual. I feel like I need to pee all the time & when I pee, I pee very little but I feel like I still need to pee even more. I get stomach cramps & pain. I sleep all the time now & I'm tired all the time over nothing. I feel bloated & my body feels uncomfortable. I have been reading a lot, doing a lot of research. I still have 4 pregnancy test left but I'm not sure what to expect. I have been reading stories on how some women knew they were pregnant, took several home pregnancy test they came out negative, to the point where they even went to the doctors had negative blood test. Going back 2 weeks later to find out they are. Part of me feels like I am pregnant. The other part doubts because of all the negatives. Honestly my sister & feel the same stuff, have the same symptoms. Overall I'm 5 days late, no positive test yet & don't know if I'm pregnant.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Confused am I pregnant or no. Only 17

Unread post by Heather »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.

This all said, since you clearly have concerns about how you have been feeling, and concerns about what sounds like just some period changes this cycle (you say you know this wasn't your period, but I'm not sure how you'd know that: sometimes periods are just way different than we're used to, and periods and cycles don't stay the same for a lifetime), your best best is likely just to check in with a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic