first step?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Audryll
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I don't know
Primary language: English

first step?

Unread post by Audryll »

hmm so well i called a helpline and they want to meet to talk to me about the abuse.(they're an organization that focus on sexually abused childrens,thts local) I'm not sure if i should though. What do you guys think?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: first step?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Audryll,

Ultimately the choice about whether or not to meet with them is up to you. However, given what you've told us (and the suggestions we've made in the past), I would encourage you to meet with the folks from this organization and talk to them. Ideally, they'll be able to help you do some safety planning and guide you through the various next steps in whatever process you decide on.
Audryll
not a newbie

Unread post by Audryll »

Hey, but im just not quite sure what they would say,or what i should tell. My parents dont know i called them though
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Well, the people who work there have done this a lot, so they'll likely have some questions that they'll need to ask you. Generally you don't have to tell more than you're comfortable telling at any moment, but the more information you give them, the better they'll often be able to help you. And, you can always tell them that you're unsure of how to start telling your story.
Audryll
not a newbie

Unread post by Audryll »

yeah i think im gonna meet them :) thankss <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic