Contradictory info on the site?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
andvr
not a newbie
Primary language: English, Spanish
Pronouns: She/her

Contradictory info on the site?

Unread post by andvr »

Hello, Scarleteen!

I'ven an user of the site since a january, I love the site. I had a "pregnancy scare" in january and you guys helped me a lot with all the info in the site.

This time, my friend is scared because she says her boyfriend fingered with a good amount of pre ejaculate on his hands, I was telling her that I wasnt posible, and I send her the link of the post called "You're not pregnant, Why do you think you are?" she calmed down for a while, I told her that Scarleteen is a really good site, etc

Few minutes later, she sends me this link, http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum ... 000271;p=0 .

I've read soo many posts of you guys with the explanation that manual sex does not present any pregnancy risk, and that post, it says having pre ejaculate on hands is a risk...

So it would be great if you guys clarify this for us: Manual sex with fluids on hands poses a very LOW pregnancy risk? or NO risk at all? Why there is contradictory info?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Contradictory info on the site?

Unread post by Heather »

Note the date on that link: it is from 2002. It's almost as old as you are. :P We haven't always done thing the same way or had the same data to work with, so you're going to sometimes find information from years back that isn't the same as our current information.

What information we have given you recently is what you want to pay attention to. We're not going to go over this again when we've already given you current information, and you know where to find recent articles -- the ones you have been reading -- that have the facts.

Here is a page of links with current information regarding pregnancy risk concerns or questions: http://www.scarleteen.com/pregnancy_scare_resources

For future reference, just as an information and literacy piece for you and your friend, you always want to look at the dates of things you're reading with stuff like health information. When you can read more recent information, you never want to put stock in older stuff, unless you're studying history. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic