Taking Plan B Multiple Times

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sam W
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Taking Plan B Multiple Times

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Camochik,

You mentioned being worried about whether or not taking plan B again would have adverse affects. Even if you've taken Plan B before, there should not be any issues with taking it again (aside from whatever side effects you might get), so if you feel you need it, you should take it.

Since you mentioned that you've been having condom issues, you might also find this article helpful for avoiding future condom mishaps: All the Barriers! All the Time!
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Taking Plan B Multiple Times

Unread post by Heather »

I'd add that it's sound to remember that Plan B really is just a version of the birth control pill and as safe as the pill. The primary problems with using it a lot are that that gets expensive and that it is less effective than other methods.

If you have access to Plan B, you likely have access to other more effective methods of birth control you can use with condoms, such as an ongoing birth control pill, or IUDs. If you'd like to talk about your options with more effective - and also likely more affordable - methods than Plan B, we're happy to do that with you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic