Disappointed by sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
natcmau
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Disappointed by sex

Unread post by natcmau »

Hello! I just recently began being sexually active. I've only been with one partner and have been with him for quite a while. He is very caring and gentle, but honestly the act of vaginal sex isn't all that enjoyable for me. Is there something wrong with me? It doesn't feel like much aside from a lot of pressure/ fullness. Are there things my partner and I can do to increase my enjoyment of vaginal sex? I know that he feels bad because he thinks I'm not enjoying myself, but honestly it's not his fault. I love him very much and I know he's doing his best, but I'm just disappointed.
marianthe
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Disappointed by sex

Unread post by marianthe »

Hey there!

First off- this definitely doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you. Many women find that vaginal sex is not the most pleasurable kind of sex, because the vagina doesn't actually have a whole lot of nerve endings besides near the entrance. this link explains a lot more about this and some things to try to make sex more pleasurable for you:

The Great No Orgasm from Intercourse Conundrum

Check that out, and maybe have your partner read it as well!

Also, since you are new to being sexually active with a partner, it can take time to figure out how your body responds to new and different sensations and to figure out what you like and don't like. You should never feel obligated to do things you do not enjoy or feel comfortable with! But different sexual experiences are often not everything they can be the first times we try them out, so i recommend to just keep exploring and experimenting and communicating with your partner!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic