Needing to pee after ejaculation/orgasm (a bit graphic)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
DarkLady
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Queer

Needing to pee after ejaculation/orgasm (a bit graphic)

Unread post by DarkLady »

Okay this may seem like a really odd question and it is going to be rather graphic in describing it. I am MTF and I have been taking Oestrogen for six months. My sexuality has altered a lot as a result. One change was in how I orgasmed. They take longer to achieve and are typically more intense. One thing is that for a while I couldn't ejaculate but now it appears I have figured out how to. The fluid is usually clear instead of white and only a small amount come out but the thing that bothers me is that whenever it feels like I am about to ejaculate I start to feel a very strong urge to pee. So much so that after an orgasm I will head straight to the bathroom to relieve myself. I don't know why that is. When I used to ejaculate before HRT I was not running to the bathroom straight after. But then again I suppose things are different now. When I first started masturbating and having orgasms as young person I do remember the being a little like urinating but again I didn't have to fire off to the bathroom each time to go afterwords.
Does anyone have any thoughts ? When do I have such a strong urge to pee after orgasm/ejaculation ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Needing to pee after ejaculation/orgasm (a bit graphic)

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Darklady,

We can't say for certain why this is cropping up now. It could be that some combination of the pressure/stimulation, combined with the changes in your body's sexual response since starting hormones, is also triggering the "gotta pee" signals. Have you had a chance to mention this side effect to a healthcare provider?
DarkLady
not a newbie

I haven't actually. In Ireland I am on the public healthcare system to see my endocrinologist. I only get to see her once every few months. There is no such thing as just calling for an appointment and the waiting lists can be very long. Outside of that there is my University GP. I suppose I could try talking to her about it when I get back home (I am currently visiting my family going home tomorrow night) but sometimes it can be difficult to see her. Outside of that there is also a private GP but I am a student so the University is better with regards to money. So basically I am a bit limited in terms of healthcare due to these reasons. Even if I was to get to the GP it might be that she doesn't know anything about as she does not specialize in this field and my next appointment with the endocrinologist is not until September. So those are my options and the problems with them.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Oy, that does sound like a pain. When you next see the endocrinologist, I would definitely ask (assuming this is still happening). I've been looking to see what I can find, and the best I'm coming up with is that HRT can cause changes to the prostate, which can in turn affect urination. The obvious caveat is that I'm not a doctor, so can't diagnose it for certain. I'm going to leave a note in the volunteer space of the site to see if anyone else has a good source of information on this.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You know, I would at least start with the GP, especially since this could be, for example, a bladder or urinary tract infection, rather than something related to HRT. The GP could at least rule other things out, so if it's nothing else, you could be pretty sure this was related to your HRT and take it from there.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
DarkLady
not a newbie

Thank you Sam W if you hear anything let me know.

Heather I suppose it would be at least something to go to the GP then. I don't have any other symptoms when it comes to having an infection though Urine is normal etc. So I really don't know. I will go to the GP though. Thank you for your thoughts
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome! From chatting in the volunteer space, Heather's suggestion of the GP is the way to go. This is simply too wily to try and work out from online sources, so a healthcare provider is the way to go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic