Bleeding during fingering

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
G12

Bleeding during fingering

Unread post by G12 »

Hello :)
So for the past 3 times I've fingered myself there has been blood. Not a whole lot though. Afterwards I'll spot (minimally) for about 5 days. It doesn't hurt either. This didn't happen before and I'm not sure what changed and if it has to do with fingernails, hymen (I'm a virgin,16 yrs old) or something else. My nails aren't long so I'm not sure if that's the case. It shouldn't be my period I still have 2 weeks to go. I dont use lube but that never caused me to bleed before. Maybe it's because I do it for longer or deeper than I did before? Is it normal?
Thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Bleeding during fingering

Unread post by Heather »

Not using lube is the most likely reason this is happening. Just because not using it worked for your body before doesn't mean it always will.

So, I'd start with switching that around. As an extra bonus, it tends to make any kind of activity with vaginal entry feel a lot better than without. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
G12

Unread post by G12 »

Thank you! I appreciate the quick reply :) I'll definetly take your advice
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

No trouble.

Bodies, like life, just aren't static but are instead always changing, so it's always a good idea to remember that something that worked for our bodies in the past might not -- and even often won't! -- work in the present or future.

Same goes for sexuality! :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic