period problem

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
fabunicorn23_
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm caring and nice with people
Primary language: indonesia / english
Pronouns: she/her

period problem

Unread post by fabunicorn23_ »

my period never come so consistent, but it always come every month. But not this month, June gonna end up soon but I still don't get my period. It's been late for 1 week a few days. Is this normal? and why this ks happen and what should i do? i never had sex,and isn't it true pregnancy happen when you really had sex (like intercourse) before? because a few weeks ago me and my bf just trying manual sex but he doesn't let his semen out on my genital area, and we used clothes too. So i think there is no risk of pregnancy isn't?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: period problem

Unread post by Karyn »

Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

Pregnancy is just one reason a period can be late, and manual sex does not pose a risk of pregnancy, so pregnancy isn't something you need to be concerned about. We have a piece that goes into more detail about possible causes of a late period here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? Pretty much everyone will experience some irregularity in their cycle from time to time, and it generally isn't a cause for concern unless you've gone several months without a period (which is when you should check in with a healthcare provider to see if there's some underlying cause that needs to be treated).

If you want some more information about what sexual activities do and don't pose a risk of pregnancy, we have a rundown right here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic