Can you clitoris tip fall off?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Wonderment
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a cat
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Can you clitoris tip fall off?

Unread post by Wonderment »

Is it possible for your clitoris tip to fall out? Because of masturbation?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Can you clitoris tip fall off?

Unread post by Heather »

No.

The clitoral glans isn't just some add-on to the body, like an earring. It's one part of a greater anatomical structure that's tethered inside the body.

Want to talk about why you're concerned about this? Want more accurate information about your genital anatomy, masturbation, or both? :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Wonderment
not a newbie

I'm sorta concerned by how it was. I'm never doing it again, because it ended up painful with a bit of blood, and a bit sore. Does this affect you later on in life? I was really scared by all that, and it's not really something I can ask my parents about, mainly because they won't know the answers (third world countries never teach children about these things, and that's where they're from) . I don't know much on anatomy, or masturbation, could you tell me of both?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

So, the easy guideline with masturbation is that if it hurts, you're probably not doing it right. Same goes with bleeding. My guess is that you were stimulating it without any (or enough) lubrication, and didn't stop once it started feeling anything but pretty darn good. Now you know! But what you're describing is likely just a minor abrasion (genitals are full of blood, so even a tiny abrasion can often result in more blood than you might expect), so no, this likely won't be anything more long-lasting than say, your average paper cut.

Let me toss you a few links both about your anatomy, then also about masturbation and sexual response. Happy to keep talking when you're done, and answer any new questions any of that may bring. :)
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body
Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep.)
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Wonderment
not a newbie

Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic