Arousal Issues

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Grace the Ace
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Female
Sexual identity: I'm a gay asexual

Arousal Issues

Unread post by Grace the Ace »

Hi, I'm 18 years old & asexual, (don't be disrespectful in regards to my sexual orientation, please & thank you) which means I don't experience sexual attraction (meaning that I don't find people hot or sexy, & I don't experience lust). I have recent started self-pleasuring, despite having a low libido. I initially started simply out of curiousity, & now simply do it b/c pleasurable. There's just 1 problem, & that's that I have a hard time getting aroused. It usually takes me about 2 to 3 hours just for me to become aroused. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Arousal Issues

Unread post by Karyn »

When you're masturbating, are you finding that it's something you really want to be doing, that you're really excited about? The thing about arousal is that it starts in the brain, and it's as much mental as physical, so if you're not feeling very in the mood before you start doing anything physical, then it isn't going to feel like much or be very enjoyable.

If you haven't already seen it, you might find that this piece is helpful: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Grace the Ace
Pronouns: Female
Sexual identity: I'm a gay asexual

Re: Arousal Issues

Unread post by Grace the Ace »

If your asking me if I look forward to it, then the answers yes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic