Late birth control pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
missmariah
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have A.D.D but I won't let it define who I am.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Late birth control pill

Unread post by missmariah »

Hi Scarleteen! I have read your posts about birth control effectiveness and perfect/typical use of birth control, but I just want to clarify with you guys. I just started a new job, so my mind has been a little crazy lately so I forgot to take my pill this morning. I take my pill every day. Weekdays I usually take it between 6:30-7:15am and on weekends I take it between 8:30-10am, depending on what time I wake up. I guess that would make me a typical user, right? Anyway, like I said, this morning I completely forgot to take my pill. I remembered at lunch at work and I tried to get my mom to drop it off for me but she couldn't. So I ended up taking it when I got home at 4pm today. That would make it about 9 or 10 hours after I was suppose to take it. Seeing as how your post about birth control says we have a 12 hour window before it's considered late, I'm assuming I'm okay but I just want to make sure. Will this incident effect how safe I am? Because I'm suppose to see my boyfriend this weekend and I haven't seen him in awhile. Thank you so much for any advice you give me! I have a feeling I'm okay, but any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Late birth control pill

Unread post by Sam W »

Yep, you're correct that this should not compromise the effectiveness, since it was within that 12 hour window.
missmariah
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have A.D.D but I won't let it define who I am.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Late birth control pill

Unread post by missmariah »

Great. I was so nervous. Thank you so much for reassuring me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic