Painful Sex (Temporary)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
kpk
Awesomeness Quotient: my writing ability
Primary language: english
Pronouns: i'm a cis female so go with she/her please!
Sexual identity: bisexual

Painful Sex (Temporary)

Unread post by kpk »

It doesn't hurt when he fingers me, but it does when he first inserts his penis into my vagina during sex. The pain doesn't last long, about a couple pumps and then I'm okay? We tried extra lubricant because we thought it was that: just being a bit dry, and we tried waiting about five days to let my vagina heal if it needed that but nothing changed.

I lost my virginity about two weeks ago and I thought I might have gotten a yeast infection but I didn't show any symptoms. I also thought it was a vaginal fissure but the pain isn't constant it's only in the beginning of sex.
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: Painful Sex (Temporary)

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi kpk. It sounds like you probably aren't quite aroused enough when PIV sex is initiated, which is causing it to be painful at first. Having enough lubricant is part of that equation -- so definitely keep that up! However, there's more to it too. We have some articles on the main site that I think you'd really benefit from reading:

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

So, let's start with that. Hopefully you find the information in there to be useful, and if any of it rings true and you want to talk about it more, or if you have any questions, we can go from there!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic