Question about period... Help!!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Vmacbb
Awesomeness Quotient: My makeup skills :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Question about period... Help!!

Unread post by Vmacbb »

This is a question I don't know where to post. I didn't have a period for 2 months and I was assuming that was because of a cyst.. (I have pcos). I finally had a period from August 18-28. The first 5 days were light then got heavy... But now that my period has ended, I've been having lower back cramps and cramps in my ovaries.. I was curious if there's any chance I'll bleed again within the next 2 weeks? If a cyst pops, will I bleed? Or could I just have another period because I was 2 months late?? HELP!! :?:
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question about period... Help!!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Vmacbb,

If you've been having cramps that are continuing after your period has finished, it sounds like it's time to check in with a healthcare provider (especially if those cramps continue or get worse) to see what might be causing it.
Vmacbb
Awesomeness Quotient: My makeup skills :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Vmacbb »

Hi Sam w, the reason I was curious is because I'm going on vacation in 3 days. I was just trying to figure out if it was possible for me to bleed again within the next week or so. I already have an appointment for when we get back, thanks. :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Vmacbb,

Ah, thank you for clarifying. If you're traveling and are worried you might bleed, I would take some pads or similar with you. However, if you have pain and bleeding that you think is from a ruptured cyst while you're traveling, you may need to go to healthcare provider on the trip to check on it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic