Just FuckBuddies Or Something More?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Yourstrulyx3
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Girl

Just FuckBuddies Or Something More?

Unread post by Yourstrulyx3 »

So I've known this guy since 7th grade; we are both now freshman in high school. But I moved to a different town 8th grade year; and we used to talk as in flirt and say things to eachother ; and now we are still talking to this day; and I've told him before that I like him more than a friend , that I want something serious from him. And I asked him what he sees me as and he said well aren't we just fuck buddies and I told him I didn't know ; I asked if he had feelings for me and he said yes; he tells me we are fuck buddies with feelings but I'm not sure that's all I want to be ; but at the same time I don't wanna get into a relationship with him and ruin the bond Me and him have at the moment; I love him more than words can explain but I'm not sure he loves me the same way. What should I do.? Should I tell him that I want to be more than fuck buddies? Should I ask him what he feels for me.? Or should I stick to being fucks buddies cause that all we might ever be?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Just FuckBuddies Or Something More?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Yourstruly,

From what you're describing it sounds like he's already told how he feels: he has some affection for you but wants to remain in a casual relationship. I will say that, for the most part, even casual relationships have a feelings component, since we're unlikely to want to sleep with someone who we dislike.

As for how you feel, only you can decide whether to take the risk of telling him you'd like something less casual and more involved. But if you're really wanting this to become more serious, the only way for him to know that is for you two to have that discussion. And that may mean you two end up bringing the current relationship to a close, which is not a fun option to think about, but is definitely a possibility to be prepared for.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic