Lost birth control pack

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
beesandflowers
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual/queer

Lost birth control pack

Unread post by beesandflowers »

So I just moved and I lost an entire pack of birth control in the process, I just finished up my old pack and hadn't even started the one I lost yet.

Should I just wait the month and pick up a new pack or try to get one as soon as I can which wouldn't be for at least a week?

I'm not sexually active so I'm not worried about pregnancy but I don't know how much it'll mess with my hormones.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Lost birth control pack

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi beesandflowers,

I would call the doctor who prescribed the pills and have them put in for a replacement (that's if there's not a way for you to order your next pack now from the pharmacy) so that you're not going a whole month without them.
beesandflowers
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual/queer

Unread post by beesandflowers »

I had gone to planned parenthood awhile ago to get the perscription because I don't have insurance, so I don't really know who the doctor is. Would I be able to call or go to the pharmacy to ask for a replacement or just pick up the next pack early or is that I would need to do through a doctor?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Do you have refills on your prescription (as in, did the person at Planned Parenthood write up one for multiple months)? If so, then I would call the pharmacy you use and see what they need to do in order to refill it a little early.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic