Uterine Prolapse

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
potato.chip
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Uterine Prolapse

Unread post by potato.chip »

Hello Wonderful People!
I'm REALLY new around here,so sorry in advance for any mistakes..I'm a 17yo girl and my question isn't really related to sexuality,but this fantastic site deals with a varied range of topics so here it goes:I was pushing the couch in the living room and my older sister told me to stop pushing/pulling weights.So I asked her why and she said it'll make my uterus drop if I put too much strain on my lower abdomen so next I looked it up on the internet(only on Wikipedia so far)and I totally freaked :-( :-( Can uterine prolapse really happen to me because of the couch?I feel like my stomach aches but I'm not sure if its even real or I'm imagining it...How can। prevent any harm to my reproductive organs by physical activity?Should I stop pulling weights?How can I prevent uterine prolaps altogether? I like to be active though...
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Uterine Prolapse

Unread post by Heather »

Uterine prolapse is a possible health issue primarily only relevant to those pregnant or giving birth, who have given birth (and usually more than once or who have had trauma during deliveries), or for those after menopause. People with a uterus can be generally active like all people without reproductive harm. Unless a healthcare provider has told you you have reason to be concerned about prolapse based on your health history, this isn't something to concern yourself with.

By all means, very frequent heavy lifting is always something to be careful about, and for those who have to (like for a job) or want to (like weightlifters) do it a lot, it's important to learn to do that right for all of your body, especially your back, most of all. So, if you are working out with weights, it's always a good idea to be sure that you get a trainer to show you how to do that safely. :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
potato.chip

Thank you Ms.Corinna for answering my question :-) :-) I really appreciate it!! :D :D
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Of course. And really, don't get caught up in this stuff. Women through all of history (and still now) have done, and do, things like work full-time in manual labor through a whole pregnancy, for crying out loud. Women's bodies aren't fragile, and the idea they are -- and these kind of panics -- tend to come from sexism, not reality.

If moving a couch could break a reproductive system, human beings would have been wiped out as a species looooooooooooooong ago. :P
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
potato.chip

Of course,it seems a bit silly now!Omg,thanks a bunch for helping out!! :-D :-D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic