Birth control

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Oliviarocks
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight

Birth control

Unread post by Oliviarocks »

I'm new to Birth control. For the past three weeks I've been taking Microgestin 1/20 and on the same exact time every day. My question is how long does it take till I can have sex with my boyfriend and not have to constantly worry I'm pregnant (even though we do it protected). I've looked on multiple websites and it says after a week of taking the pill then you'll be safe. I've also have adults and some of my other friends say that it takes at least a month or so till I'm fully protected. I need answers!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Birth control

Unread post by Mo »

If you take a look at the insert that came with your pill pack (or check the manufacturer's website if you lost or threw out the insert), it will let you know when it will be at full effectiveness. Using a second form of birth control like condoms is pretty much the most protected you can be; we do definitely recommend a backup method so that's a good plan. So if you think your worry about pregnancy is tied to knowing if your pill's at full effectiveness, double-checking that with the official manufacturer's information will hopefully do the trick.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic