How deep is the average vagina?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

How deep is the average vagina?

Unread post by Jellowl »

I've been wondering this for a while, but just how deep/long is the average vagina? I've heard that it's about 3-4 inches but that seems way to short seeing as a penis can be 5 inches or longer. When having sex, does the vagina somehow expand or become longer to make room for most of the penis? Can it crash into the cervix because of the length difference?

Thanks in advance for the answer,
Have a nice day! :)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: How deep is the average vagina?

Unread post by Heather »

From right here on the site: http://www.scarleteen.com/es/article/bo ... _and_small
From the vaginal opening to the cervix, the average vaginal canal length is 3 to 7 inches, unaroused to aroused, with an average capacity to stretch -- when something is inside of it -- to around 8 or 9 inches deep (it can also stretch from side to side).
You might also want to bear in mind that having a penis inside the vagina doesn't mean it has to be the whole length of a penis: it doesn't. Not everyone likes that or finds that feels good (both folks with vaginas and those with penises), or that that works all the time, and for folks who like to do things like combine penis-masturbation with intercourse, or who are having intercourse in certain position, all-in won't work at all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic