Flesh sticking out near my vulva?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
unknown_xx
Awesomeness Quotient: my personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: hetro

Flesh sticking out near my vulva?

Unread post by unknown_xx »

Im a 16 year old teenager, virgin, and I masturbate like rarely. When shaving my vagina i noticed that near my labia in the inner parts at the side there was like a cut and flesh was kinda sticking out I dont know how this happened or why it happened? Also can a doctor or gynaecologist tell if you masturbate? because i don't feel comfortable telling them about this and I just want it to be delt with quickly.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Flesh sticking out near my vulva?

Unread post by Redskies »

I'm not sure if you're saying that your genitals look different than they did before, or if you're saying you have an injury?

Either way, we can't really tell you what this is, because we're not there in person and we're aren't doctors. So, the best plan is for you to see a healthcare provider in person and for them to have a look.

A doctor can't tell by looking if you masturbate, because masturbation doesn't cause physical changes. Masturbation is unlikely to have anything to do with whatever you're seeing - unless, of course, you hurt yourself while masturbating, but that's pretty unlikely anyway, and you would almost certainly have felt it at the time if you had!

Doctors really have seen and heard it all. So, whenever something feels super-personal or uncomfortable or embarrassing to us as the patient, it can really help to remember that for them, this is their ordinary everyday. Anything we tell them or show them, they've seen and heard before, and probably often.

You have a few options for getting healthcare. It depends what you feel most comfortable with and can access! You can, of course, see your GP. There are also sexual-health specific services, if you'd prefer. You might find that a sexual-health specific service is better able to make you feel comfortable and talk you through anything you want to know, as it's what they're particularly trained for. Brook https://www.brook.org.uk/ is a sexual health service for young people, and if you're able to get to one of their locations, they'd be my first recommendation. If there isn't one anywhere near you but you'd like to go to a sexual health clinic, you can internet-search " sexual health clinic *town-name* " to find what NHS clinics are near you; some also have sessions only for young people.

Is there anything further we can help you with about this?
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
unknown_xx

I don't know how it happened but I have got an Appointment booked with my gp soon for a check to see if its normal.
unknown_xx

Its not like i really paid close attention to my genetials but i noticed that one side wasn't right as there was a long cut with flesh hanging out, its not irritable thankfully , it hasn't cause any harm too but just incase I want to see if its normal
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's good to hear you have an appointment booked for the near future! As long as you aren't having any pain and are keeping the area clean you should be fine until you're able to have someone take a look. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic