Partial Orgasm?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
rastheexhorter
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty cool succulent garden.
Pronouns: She/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Partial Orgasm?

Unread post by rastheexhorter »

Hi,
I'm a 17 y/o girl who has been masturbating for a few years without any issues. About 2 months ago, though, something started happening--every time I start to orgasm, it feels great for a couple seconds and then just...stops. It's like my orgasm doesn't follow through. Afterwards I feel dissatisfied, sore, and kind of tight, like nothing was released. I don't currently have a sexual partner, so I can't see if the problem resolves itself when having sex with someone else, as opposed to doing it solo.

Should I be concerned? I don't want to keep masturbating if it feels so uncomfortable, but stopping forever isn't an option. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Partial Orgasm?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi rastheexhorter,

That sounds quite frustrating. To start off with, can you think of any changes that happened elsewhere in your life around the time this started (like going on or switching medication, or experiencing an general increase in life stressors)?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
rastheexhorter
not a newbie

I'm not currently on any medication, and I can't think of any new life stressors. Are there any other possible causes that you might know of?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english

Unread post by Sam W »

Thanks for clarifying. It might be that you'll need to go to a sexual health provider to talk with them about what's going on. Have you switched up how you masturbate to see if some of this is your body needing novelty to help it get off?
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
rastheexhorter
not a newbie

Okay. Unfortunately, I've never had any luck using anything other than a vibrator, so other methods won't be very effective.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English

Unread post by Karyn »

It still may be worth a try, although it's up to you. Sometimes our bodies can get used to a certain kind of stimulation, and we know that's what works, but that doesn't mean other things won't work, just that it might take some experimentation to figure out what else could do the trick.

Other than that, I'd second Sam's suggestion of checking in with a sexual healthcare provider.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
rastheexhorter
not a newbie

Alright, thank you for the help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic