STD possibility?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
anonikki

STD possibility?

Unread post by anonikki »

Hi!
so basically about a month ago my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. We used a condom the whole time, toward the end however I forgot it was on then proceeded to go down on him. After realizing what I did, I removed it then continued. A few days later he shared with me that he was really itchy down there and had a sore around the tip that almost looked like a Mosquito bite ever since we had sex. Anyway, we had the whole STD scare and came to the conclusion it was probably nothing so just ignored it. However, yesterday he brought it up again sharing with me that the itchiness on his penis was still present. He said that it only seems to happen at home or when he's in the shower but told me he hasn't started using a different soap or anything. So that night we were furiously googling every possible explanation however each situation was different to ours so our results were inconclusive. This night he said he inspected his penis in the shower and said he still saw the little bumps.
Oh, both of us were virgins and had never engaged in any form of intercourse before.
Although we've both kissed a couple of people. It's weird because I haven't noticed any symptoms of an STI on my body. He suggested that once I took the condom off and continued going down on him, I possibly could've given him something as I just had my mouth around what was inside of me. I personally don't see how that could even be possible if I'm a virgin myself and have never done anything except for with him.
I know everything would be clarified and become so much simpler if we went to a clinic and just got ourselves checked. However, due to personal things going on at home, I'm unable to do so & due to circumstances happening at home with him, he is also unable to.
But does this sound like it could be an STD if we're both virgins?
Thank you so much for the help!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: STD possibility?

Unread post by Heather »

Can you fill me in on why he can't go to a doctor and get himself checked out?

Only a healthcare professional who can examine him can say for sure, but based on your post, including that you have been his only sexual partner, it sounds most likely to me he has a yeast or fungal infection, both infections that can and often do occur without any sexual activity with partners at all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
anonikki

Unread post by anonikki »

It's sort of a complicated situation but basically it's because he doesn't stay with his parents. He won't see them until around New Years and in the meantime he's staying with a relative whom he isn't super close with. In order to see a clinic we need to have a parent's signature; whereas both of us don't have access to that.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Thanks for clarifying. Is there an option for his relative to give permission, or to otherwise explain the situation to the clinic?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic