age difference huh

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
ocean99
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them

age difference huh

Unread post by ocean99 »

so my math teacher is 3 years younger than his wife. right now, he's 49 years old and she's 52. he told us (the class) that they both met when they were in college.
so that's ok right? i mean yeah of course it's ok? right? maturity and all that, are factors.
that age difference between them makes sense and all and is ok, but when it comes to teenage age difference things are kinda different.
like if he's 12 and she's 15 that'd be weird. and if he was 17 and she was 20 wouldn't that be kinda weird? like she'd be in college or something and he's like only a junior in highschool. idk.
but to me, his age difference with his wife makes sense and stuff, plus they met in college.
idk, im not judging anyone's ages.
what are your thoughts?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: age difference huh

Unread post by Eddie C »

The thing about age difference is that when someone is 49 and 52, they usually are in the same stage of life and have the same agency. This doesn't happen with people who at 12 are pre-teens and at 15 they are going through puberty. Probably the 15 has gone through many things and changes that the 12 year old has not. Is very necessary that people go through every stage of life without feeling rushed or pressure to skip or meet someone else's expectatives because of age difference. Does this make any sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic