Why can't I finish with my boyfriend?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Fakeblondie
Awesomeness Quotient: Lips
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Girl

Why can't I finish with my boyfriend?

Unread post by Fakeblondie »

I've been with my boyfriend for only about 4 weeks! I really really like him he's seriously the best, but when it comes to sex...I can never finish! I'm always in the mood for him but when we start actually doing it I can't seem to ever finish!!! I also just got out of a serious 3 year relationship a few months ago, and sex with my ex was amazing like absolutely just incrediable and I would be able to finish with him almost every time we had sex!!! So I don't understand why I can't with my boyfriend now? He's not as big as my ex, but his size isn't bad, and i don't know...I'm not sure what's wrong with me...
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Why can't I finish with my boyfriend?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Fakeblondie,

One of the awesome, if sometimes frustrating, things about sex is that your experience of it will differ from partner to partner. So this may be part of the process of you two learning to have sex with each other. You mention being able to orgasm with a previous partner. Have you been able to show or otherwise communicate to your boyfriend some of the things that generally worked with your last partner?

You may also find this article has some helpful advice: The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic