Orgasm very quickly and often

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Orgasm very quickly and often

Unread post by Jellowl »

Hello there!

I've noticed this about myself quite a few times and would like your input on the subject. Whenever I masturbate or when my boyfriend preforms manual sex, I orgasm very quickly; I'm talking 2-5mins and I've already come. I've read that usually girls are unable to orgasm or if they do, it takes somewhere between 20mins. I have the complete opposite problem. I can have an orgasm, wait 2mins, be recharged and have another one again. It's not really a problem for me, though truthfully I sometimes wish I could hold out a little longer.

Is this normal in some women or is it a cause for concern? Would you consider this a blessing in disguise or a curse?

Thank you for the advice,
Have a lovely day!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Orgasm very quickly and often

Unread post by Heather »

That 20 minutes is only one average, it's pretty much the longest one we have, and it doesn't take into account how excited someone already is or isn't from the front. It also is only about sex with partners. The most typically cited figure for masturbation is an average of 3 minutes.

But as with any average, there's going to be a giant bunch of people on both sides of it, and this is also something that often varies through even one person's lifetime and the range of their sexual experiences. And what is or isn't happening with other people's bodies really isn't an issue for you anyway unless those other people's bodies are part of your sex life. :)

This isn't anything to be concerned about, and if you want to think of it as being a blessing or a curse (I personally don't see any benefit of that framework), that'd be up to you, because that'd be about your own feelings with this experience.

If you'd like to hold out a little longer, generally what people do who want to delay orgasm is do less of (or even avoid) things they know are likely to get them there and do other things, which can, and often does, include focusing most of your attention on your partner (when this is with a partner). For your own masturbation, you can draw things out by again, avoiding what you know gets you there and doing more of other things, or spending more time just enjoying any fantasy you're engaging in.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic