Lactating??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Honey6789
Awesomeness Quotient: Sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Lactating??

Unread post by Honey6789 »

Hello Scarleteen!!

Congrats on the new board which I can now read from my phone :)!

My question is about my breast. My boyfriend and I were intimate today and afterwards he told me that one of my breast when he was squeezing it lactated? I then tried it myself and it was true, tried the other and same thing. It wasn't a lot, a few drops but still noticeable. As far as I know I'm not pregnant my last full period was I June but that's because I'm in the implanon BC (which so far I love btw). Can non pregnant women lactate or what are the chances of me being pregnant and should I take a pregnancy test??!

Thanks for your help!
marianthe
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Lactating??

Unread post by marianthe »

Hey Honey- so b/c you are on birth control, pregnancy would be a unlikely cause of the lactation but it might be a good idea to take a pregnancy test just to be sure. Lactating when you aren't pregnant does happen though, and can be nothing to worry about, or a sign of some imbalance, so it would be good to get checked out by your doctor.

and here's some more info about breast discharge at the bottom of this article:
Abreast: The Basics of Boobies
Honey6789
Awesomeness Quotient: Sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by Honey6789 »

Thanks so much for the fast reply! I will check that info out and get a pregnancy test ASAP just to make sure
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hopefully that link made it clear, too, that lactation is not the only discharge that can issue from breasts. And if you are not currently pregnant nor have recently been pregnant, you can be quite sure what happened was not lactation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic