The pill and period doubts

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
dakota1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

The pill and period doubts

Unread post by dakota1 »

I've been on the pill for two months and never missed any or taken it with a 12 or more hour difference. The pill regularised my period so since i started taking it two months ago those two cycles i got it on the 28.
On the 28 of the second month i had sex for the first time with my boyfriend and didn't use a condom (he preferred it like that and i was calm because of the pill) and as always got my period a few hours after the intercourse. However, i am now concerned about pregnancy, and i wish to know if the bleeding that day meant there was no pregnancy or do i have to wait for the 28 of this month (november) to find out?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: The pill and period doubts

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Dakota,

To quote an article on the site, "Pregnancy isn't something that happens instantly: it's a process which takes around a week or so to complete. However, because a period has you shedding the lining needed for a fertilized egg to implant in, and because around the time a period starts, there usually is not an egg available to be fertilized." So, you can either wait to take a test or wait to see if your period comes next month.
dakota1
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by dakota1 »

Thanks! That was helpful. I have another question thought, it's been almost 15 days after it (the day that i had unprotected sex) IF i were to be pregnant, shouldn't i have noticed some kind of symptoms?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Pregnancy symptoms don't pop up right away (people often have an misconception that you start puking a few days after you become pregnant). You can read more about that here: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic