scared to masturbate?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
avaiara
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

scared to masturbate?

Unread post by avaiara »

i'm a 17 year old female, i've never done this before. i mean i've felt around down there, but never actually done anything. i'm scared it will hurt, but i want to find out what works for me as i'm having trouble with feeling good during foreplay with my boyfriend, which i posted about earlier
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Re: scared to masturbate?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Avaiara,

One thing to know is that not all masturbation requires penetration. Plenty of people find that rubbing the external part of the genitals feels great and helps them orgasm. Beyond that, the two things you can do to decrease the chances of penetrative masturbation hurting are to use lube and to make sure you're relaxed and aroused before you try it. And if it genuinely scares you to do, you don't need to rush into it or force yourself to do it right now. Does that make sense?
avaiara
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Sexual identity: bisexual

Re: scared to masturbate?

Unread post by avaiara »

yes, thank you! i've read some things on here and have decided to try some things. i'm still learning but i think with time i'll find what works!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic