New Chapter.

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
bigbywolf
not a newbie
Primary language: English please!
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Pansexual

New Chapter.

Unread post by bigbywolf »

Hey, Scarleteen.

The last time I posted about 'the Ex', was all the way back in May.

So, so much has changed. This is not an ask for help, it is a thank you. So by all means, answer those who need reassurance first.

I also would like to imagine this post will help anyone in a similar situation to where I was, to know things will get better.

So the context was a first "True Love" relationship that ended poorly. I could not avoid the Ex because we both lived on a small island. His friends were my friends. I was really struggling and feeling helpless.

So:

The ex has moved off the island. I will also be moving off this island come January. It can't trap me anymore - and it doesn't make me feel trapped anymore anyways.

God knows if the Ex and the girl he was with are still together, it is neither here nor there for how I feel.

Jason is still my best friend.

Our friends are all still friends with the both of us. They don't force me around the Ex anymore. I don't spend nearly as much time going out because I'm content with my own company, or select, smaller company.

I did really, really well at university this year. Like, I'm in a pretty good position to get a scholarship that will help a lot with financial strains I've previously talked about.

I have a new boyfriend - while I think I love him (or, if I don't, I think I will love him once I know him better), I want to stress that he's not the best change that's happened.

The best change is how my head and heart feel so at peace with my life currently. The future isn't scary. The past happened and I'm better for it.

I was looking at a personal journal and it was so sweet, sad and hopeful to see how the tone changes. From being unhappy with the Ex, to the break up, to finding out about the other girl, to where I am now.

My scarleteen posts have similar effect, so I thought I'd give them a fitting update.

Cheers, everyone. Thank you so much for the help you offer to so many.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: New Chapter.

Unread post by Sam W »

Thank you so much for the update, and so, so glad to hear you're feeling in a better place :)
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: New Chapter.

Unread post by Mo »

It's great to hear from you, and to hear that things are going much better for you. Thanks for the update!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic