late periods, bleeding during sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
rapunzelmodel
Awesomeness Quotient: my talents
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

late periods, bleeding during sex

Unread post by rapunzelmodel »

I was a very late bloomer and have only had my period for a couple years (keep in mind that due to genetics, I am taller than average and very underweight). I had gotten two normal periods before it got irregular, sometimes i skip only a couple months, sometimes it lasts 2 weeks, sometimes its incredibly light, and i had skipped 4 months once (but it eventually came and it was normal). After the normal period i didn't get it til another 5 months later, which felt like forever. I had finally gotten it a couple months ago but it lasted 2 weeks and was VERY heavy and painful with bad cramps i had never experienced before. After that unfortunate experience, I haven't technically gotten it, but... I was having sex for the first time in about 8 months (I have had sex a couple times before this time with a bit of pain at first, but it always goes away and is pleasurable) (I also haven't bled any of these times). I was lubricated and turned on, but he could barely get it in and vaginal intercourse hurt so bad i couldn't bear it, so he fingered me which was pleasurable, but after a minute of intense fingering, i started bleeding A LOT, and we had to stop. The bleeding slowed down 5 minutes after we stopped, but i had light/normal bleeding for the rest of the night til the next afternoon. Any ideas as to what's happening and how to help?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: late periods, bleeding during sex

Unread post by Karyn »

Periods can be irregular for several years after they start, so the irregular periods all by themselves probably aren't cause for concern. However, pain and bleeding with sex - especially if you can rule out causes like not being aroused enough or not having enough lube - is something that should be looked into by a healthcare provider.

Are you current with your sexual healthcare (including STI screenings)?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic