Squirting woes

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Squirting woes

Unread post by Jellowl »

Hello!

I've got a slightly embarassing problem when I have manual sex or intercourse with my boyfriend. If we try a certain position, i.e my on my knees, I can't help but release so much liquid. Any surface we're on will be drenched, my legs coated in liquid and it has a slight urine smell to it. (this is squirting, correct? If not, am I peeing myself? :oops: )

My problem is that I'm very embarassed any time this happens. I'll be soaked, uncomfortable and flustered beyond belief. I can't help it because it just happens with no control. Worse of all, my boyfriend will be drenched because of me and I feel so embarassed and bad any time that happens.

Is there a way to maybe stop this from happening or perhaps and reason to why this happens?

Thanks
Have a lovely day
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Squirting woes

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jellowl,

Some people just naturally release more secretions than others during sex (I'm including squirting in that category), so this is likely just a quirk of your body. That doesn't make it less troublesome at times, but sometimes it helps to know that this doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It could help to take some preventative measures, like laying down some towels or a blanket you can wash easily before having sex.

You mentioned feeling embarrassed by this. Can you tell me more about that? You mention feeling bad that your boyfriend gets wet as well, but has he indicated that it upsets him?
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Jellowl »

The reason I feel embarrassed about it is because I've heard it's not very common. I also feel embarrassed about it because I have no control over when my body decides to do it. We could be doing whatever it is that we do and in the heat of the moment, I can feel the rush of liquid from my lower region. I'll be wet, my partner will be wet and whatever we are on will be soaked. It's really inconvenient and feels uncomfortable for me.

However, my boyfriend says that he doesn't mind, especially when he gets wet as well. He says it's great that I can do that and it's nothing to be ashamed about. (He would also like to point out that he finds it's really hot and a turn on when a girl can do that.) But for me personally, I feel very embarrassed. Is there maybe a way I can control it? If not, some advice to help me get over the embarrassment?

Thanks,
Have a nice day
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I wonder how you feel about your boyfriend's ejaculate? He also can't control when his body does that, after all. Does that seem so different to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic