Stuck tampon?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
anonymous1701
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Stuck tampon?

Unread post by anonymous1701 »

Hey, I know you can't technically lose a tampon, but I'm wondering if maybe I have one stuck up there that I've forgotten about. I don't remember taking that one out before putting in another in the morning. When I insert a finger I feel no string or anything, I do feel what could either be my cervix or a soaked compressed tampon. I can scratch it and I don't feel any discomfort I would expect if it was my own tissue. But to the touch it's not obvious that it isn't. Any advice ?! I just don't know.
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Stuck tampon?

Unread post by Redskies »

Hi there!

First thing: when something becomes very common, it's possible for us to do it automatically and not remember one particular time we did it. So, if you're just not remembering whether you took out the previous tampon or not, it's possible that you did, and your brain just didn't take a lot of notice and you don't remember.

With what you're feeling, not too long ago you asked us about feeling what was probably your cervix, http://www.scarleteen.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4798 . Can you remember what that felt like? Is it similar to what you're feeling now? It doesn't have to be exactly the same, because the position of the cervix does change a little throughout the cycle. How familiar are you with how your vagina tends to feel?- if you're a bit familiar, do you have a sense of whether it's noticeably shorter than usual, or does it seem about right? If there was an old tampon there, it'd be taking up some space in the back of the vagina.

Too, when you're feeling it, don't be too rough! There aren't as many nerve endings in the tissue towards the back of the vagina, so if it is your own body you're feeling, you don't want to accidentally hurt yourself :)

If you still feel very uncertain after all of this, you can always go to any doctor or nurse and have them check for you.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic