Excessive bleeding after sex

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Nella666
Awesomeness Quotient: My honesty
Primary language: Afrikaans
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Female

Excessive bleeding after sex

Unread post by Nella666 »

Hi,
So i am 17 and sexually active. The other night i had sex. It started out as protected, but halfway through he took the condom off, and before he came he put it back on. A day later i started having my period. Which is weird because i finished my period 2 days before i had intercourse.
Now i am bleeding A LOT more than on my normal period, i have constant bloating and pain in my uterus and lower back.
Should i be worried??
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Excessive bleeding after sex

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Nella666,

Anytime you are having a constant and/or intense pain that you have not experienced before it is best to check in with a medical professional. Same goes with this kind of unexplained bleeding. I would recommend seeing a doctor regarding your symptoms.

I also want to let you know, what you describe is not proper condom use. In order to effectively help prevent pregnancy, a condom needs to be worn until you are finished having genital sex. Once a condom is removed it should not be reused. If you and your partner want to continue with intercourse after a condom is removed, a new condom is needed before sex begins again. You can find more information about using a condom here: Condom Basics.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic