Breakthrough bleeding on pill perfect use

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
tmh12
Awesomeness Quotient: I sing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Breakthrough bleeding on pill perfect use

Unread post by tmh12 »

Hello Scarleteen.
I have been on birth control pills for about five months now. I had some spotting during the first month but not again until now. I started my third week and started spotting. There was one day I actually had a spurt of bleeding. It was bright red. However, it lightened up after that and there were a couple days I had no spotting or bleeding but some that I had a bit. I just started my placebo week and have had some spotting. I have taken my pill at the same time every day and haven't missed any. I even set an alarm to make sure I take it at the same time. In the last few months I have lost some weight and have been stressed. Could these things effect it or is this just a side effect of the pill or is there more?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Breakthrough bleeding on pill perfect use

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi tmh,

It looks like someone answered this for you in our text service, so I'm not going to rehash the information (of course, if you have other questions, you free to ask them here :) )
And you to whom adversity has dealt the final blow/with smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go/turn to and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain/and like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again.
tmh12
Awesomeness Quotient: I sing
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Heterosexual

Unread post by tmh12 »

Yes thank you! Do you also think it is most likely just a side effect then?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

There's no way we can know for sure but since it is a common side effect, and it looks like you're up to date on STI testing based on your text conversation, then yep - it's most likely just happening as a side effect of being on the pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic