Period problems on the pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Guest123
Pronouns: She

Period problems on the pill

Unread post by Guest123 »

I am currently on the contraceptive pill for near 3 years and am always very careful with taking it on time. I finished my last period on Saturday 31st Dec and had sex with my boyfriend on 29th Dec, 31st Dec and the 1st Jan. However, i have started bleeding again today (04th Jan), it is browny red colour and I've only noticed it when I go to the bathroom. I have some mild cramps and have been in a seriously bad mood the last three days and can't shift it. Any one any ideas is this normal or should i take a trip to the doctor? Thanks :)
Danny S.
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm a dog parent :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period problems on the pill

Unread post by Danny S. »

Hi there, welcome to Scarleteen!
I can't tell you for sure what's going on, but from what it sounds like I don't think this is anything to worry about. You said you only notice it when you go to the bathroom- is it fairly light, not a lot of flow? And is it more opaque, or do you think it could just be brownish red discharge? Here's an article to take a peek at: On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation. Hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic