Plan B Pill Help!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Misscherry2000
Awesomeness Quotient: Personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Plan B Pill Help!

Unread post by Misscherry2000 »

Hi,
About one week ago I was on antibiotics and taking the pill. But while I was still taking the antibiotics I had sex. We used a condom but I am worried incase it slipped off during sex and we didnt notice or it broke.. Although, Im sure if he ejaculated while wearing the condom during sex because, he did when we took the condom off after sex..I was worried so that morning I got the Plan B pill. Just because I was on antibiotics and worried incase my pill wasnt effective if something did happen the condom. Which makes me worry even more is I missed 3 pills during the month of taking my pill.. 1 every week. Im usually very good at taking it but I work shift work and its hard to keep track. I am due to stop taking my pill on Saturday. Im so nervous incase my period doesnt come and I may be pregnant. Will the Plan B effect my period? Should I be worried?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Plan B Pill Help!

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Misscherry,

Plan B can alter your cycle, so that may happen here as a side effect of taking it. However, since you used a condom, as long as the condom did not break or come off (which would have been noticeable, you would have been able to tell) you can assume it did it's job and protected. So the best bet is to wait and see when your period comes.

However, since you're routinely missing pills (which can decrease the effectiveness of that as a method), have you considered switching to another method that better fits your needs?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic