What are the risks?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Jellowl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very chill and happy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

What are the risks?

Unread post by Jellowl »

Hello!
Both my boyfriend and I have only been in one relationship and it's only been with each other. Any sexual intercourse has only been experienced with each other and nobody else. We are both tested and negative for any STI's.
Recently, I've been interested in preforming oral sex on my boyfriend. We tried it with a condom but found it difficult to enjoy ourselves with it on so I've been having oral sex without a condom. When he's about to climax, I give him the okay to ejaculate in my mouth. All the times we've had oral sex, I swallow his semen if he ejaculates.

My question is if there are significant infection risks for both me or my boyfriend. Is it possible for one of us to become infected with an STI even though we are both clean? STIs don't just pop up, do they; you would need previous introduction to them to become infected? If not any STI risks, are there different types of risks to worry about, maybe a separate type of illness or infection?

Thanks for the advice,
Have a lovely day!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What are the risks?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jellowl,

I think these two articles are a really good places to answer that question (the second one addresses the risks from sex if the people involved have no prior partners): Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advic ... ave_an_std
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic