Brown discharge after losing virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
abc_xyz
Pronouns: She

Brown discharge after losing virginity

Unread post by abc_xyz »

Lost virginity on 30th january 2017 evening and had used a condom. Experienced brown discharge on 31st january 2017 around late afternoon. Last period ended on 26th january and have cycle of 28 days.Is this normal?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Brown discharge after losing virginity

Unread post by Karyn »

Brown discharge can happen for a couple of different reasons. Sometimes spotting can look brown, if it's blood that's been hanging around in the uterus for a while making its way out. It can also be due to infection, or it could be a bit of blood from an abrasion or scratch which often happens from not using enough lubrication during sex (although since you didn't notice any blood immediately after sex, I'd say that's less likely).

We have an article about discharge that goes into more detail that you might find useful: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
abc_xyz
Pronouns: She

Unread post by abc_xyz »

I did see blood after sex but that was red and this is brown and no didnt use any lubricant. Also it cant be implantation bleeding...right? Because its just the next day and lasted only 2 days and we did use a condom...So i cant be pregnant...right?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

The blood Karyn is referring to is blood that's been hanging around in the uterus for a while, not blood generated by painful sex. So you know, you're not "supposed" to bleed the first time (or ever). The fact that you did is probably due to you not using lubricant, so I'd recommend doing that in the future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic