Scat/poo eating?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Scat/poo eating?

Unread post by KittyPink »

Is it safe, just out of sheer curiosity?
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
KittyPink
not a newbie

Re: Scat/poo eating?

I got a notification for a reply? But, it's not here?
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: They

Unread post by Jacob »

You don't miss a thing kitty! I wrote a reply but then deleted it. The topic was just a bit too much of a spiral of googling for me to say much useful.
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
KittyPink
not a newbie

Jacob wrote:You don't miss a thing kitty! I wrote a reply but then deleted it. The topic was just a bit too much of a spiral of googling for me to say much useful.
Well, generally, given basic biological knowledge and my luck with finding information, it's safe. (At least if it's your own, I'm not sure it's safe for partners, though.) Also, I have all notifications on, so I know what's going on. (Even if I can't get back to it.)

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

It's not advisable, including one's own. There are lots of bacteria which live in the human gut - and which are very helpful and healthy in the gut - which can be harmful elsewhere, including in the mouth, and make us ill. There's a good reason why hand-washing is important after toileting and before food preparation: it's to reduce the chance of gut flora being transfered elsewhere and doing harm.

In places where people's access to hygiene is limited, cross-contamination with faecal matter is one of the big causes of disease, and of diarrhoea and vomiting.

Obviously, individual people can choose what they want to do, and weigh up how they feel about possible risks and onsequences of something they want to do. But health-wise, faeces and mouths isn't a great idea.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Redskies wrote:It's not advisable, including one's own. There are lots of bacteria which live in the human gut - and which are very helpful and healthy in the gut - which can be harmful elsewhere, including in the mouth, and make us ill. There's a good reason why hand-washing is important after toileting and before food preparation: it's to reduce the chance of gut flora being transfered elsewhere and doing harm.

In places where people's access to hygiene is limited, cross-contamination with faecal matter is one of the big causes of disease, and of diarrhoea and vomiting.

Obviously, individual people can choose what they want to do, and weigh up how they feel about possible risks and onsequences of something they want to do. But health-wise, faeces and mouths isn't a great idea.
Yeah, it doesn't mix well with the flora in your mouth, in all honesty. Though, there is significantly less risk in eating your own than someone else's. (It's your flora, you're practically used to it.)

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic