I don't feel sexually aroused

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Resputia14
Awesomeness Quotient: My middle-groundedness
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Ze/heirs
Sexual identity: Panromantic/??sexual

I don't feel sexually aroused

Unread post by Resputia14 »

I don't understand sexual attraction. Romantic attraction I've had, but I've never really enjoyed anything sexual. I've had a few sexual partners, but I never enjoyed the sex. I just kinda did it to make them happy because at the time they made me happy on an emotional and romantic level. I also don't feel anything when I masturbate. My friend described it as "scratching an itch" and I couldn't agree more. It doesn't feel bad or uncomfortable, it's simply doesn't feel pleasurable. I know my anatomy but it hasn't helped with masturbation. I'm comfortable with not being sexual but I kinda want to know how it feels. Like just the feeling of being sexually attracted to someone or having an orgasm. I just want to know if there is anything I can do to be turned on or at the very least what it's supposed to feel like.
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I don't feel sexually aroused

Unread post by Karyn »

Hi, Resputia.

Arousal and sexual attraction aren't really things we can force, so unfortunately there's nothing you can do to make those feelings happen. As for what arousal feels like, this piece explains in detail what happens physically when someone is aroused: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Can I ask what kinds of sensations you've felt in the past when you were having sex with a partner, or masturbating? Too, what does romantic attraction feel like for you, and how does that differ from what you would expect sexual attraction to feel like?
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic