Morning After Pill - Side Effects

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
naturalway505
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Morning After Pill - Side Effects

Unread post by naturalway505 »

Hello! Me and my girlfriend had sex on the ovulation day, and we used only condoms, even though none of them broke or slip, we were a little worried, so we took the morning after pill. Do you think that was too paranoid, or was it ok? Just to clarify, we rarely use the pill. Then, 7 days after she took it, she tells me she got her period, like 12 days earlier than the expected. Was that the period itself, or just the effects of the pill? I'm confused. Does that mean the pill worked? Does that count as a period? Because we use FAM too, so I don't know if that counts as a period to insert in the calendar. Btw, I use Flo app, i think it's very good. In case you know any better apps, please let me know. Thaaaanks. =)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Morning After Pill - Side Effects

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi naturalways,

One of the more common side effects of the morning after pill is that it can throw off someone's cycle for a little while, so that's possibly what is happening here with her period coming early.

Does the Flo app track things like cervical mucus and body temperature?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic