Is this a condom failure?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Is this a condom failure?

Unread post by Angeldelight123 »

Hi there,
This might sound like a really really silly question, but I would like some sort of advice.
Yesterday me and my boyfriend had sex using a condom every time, I am also on the pill and I take it religiously!
However, one of the times once my boyfriend finished, he pulled out and as he was taking the condom off, he lost his grip while tying it and semen spilled out on to the floor, no fluids were any where near me and this happened AFTER he withdrew his penis from my area.
We really prefer using the pill and condoms combined as together, they provide great reassurance and we know it is an awesome way to make sure our risks are as minimal as they can be, so I just don't want any of the two methods going wrong.
I am just not sure how to feel about this, should I be concerned? Has the condom still done its job? And in future, how can we prevent something like this from happening again?
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

Re: Is this a condom failure?

Any advice please??
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Karyn »

No, this wouldn't be a condom failure: the condom did not slip off inside of you or break in a way that let any fluids get near your genitals, so it did its job.

Condoms can be a bit slippery, so it's possible this might happen again, but even if it does it's not a cause for concern.
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Angeldelight123
not a newbie

So, if the condom was still on his penis when he withdrew, there is nothing to be concerned about?
The condom definitely did not break nor slip off, it was just after he pulled out he was in the middle of tying a knot in the condom and lost his grip and the fluids spilled out onto the floor, but not near me.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Yes, that is correct.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic