In need of advice

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
junawesley
Awesomeness Quotient: Art skills
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

In need of advice

Unread post by junawesley »

Okay, so I first got my period when I was 16 years old and ever since they have always been really irregular. Even months apart. My last period was sometime in July... I think in the beginning. Now, I am 18 and just lost my virginity August 8th. We used a condom and everything was done properly (it didn't break, it was removed safely, etc). The problem is, is that I haven't gotten my period and it's been almost 2 months since I had sex. I took a pregnancy test about three weeks after having sex and it was negative. I also have had zero pregnancy symptoms....

So, I need some piece of mind. I'm guessing that this is just my period being irregular (which is normal in my menstrual history)... but what would you suggest I do? I don't feel comfortable talking to my mom about this.. and i dont want her to freak out. Should I take another pregnancy test? I spent so much time in the last much worrying about being pregnant. When I took the test and it was negative I thought that I wouldn't have to worry anymore. Honestly I'm freaking out again.... even losing sleep.

So what should I do? I really need some support.... I really don't think i am pregnant...
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: In need of advice

Unread post by Heather »

Most often, when something like this happens and there clearly is not a pregnancy, it is either due to the stress added around all of this, or just a total -- and obviously troubling! -- coincidence.

Would you feel better taking another test? Or how about getting you connected with a sexual healthcare provider, which it's time for anyway, if you're sexually active, where you can start getting the general healthcare you already need and also have them look into this for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic