Pregnancy hypochondriac

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Butler
Awesomeness Quotient: Seag
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Him
Sexual identity: Straight

Pregnancy hypochondriac

Unread post by Butler »

I have trouble trusting that the birth control pill works, my gf missed three pills one month and ended up getting pregnant but she is not anymore. Ever since that I have had trouble trusting it even though she has not missed one and I have made sure of it, we now use condoms and the pill and I am still worried that she is pregnant every time she says her back hurts or she is craving something it's consuming me. I am so paranoid anymore and I can't get over it, please help me.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Pregnancy hypochondriac

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there Butler,

I think a great place to start is this article: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are? While the title is aimed at people who could become pregnant and not at their partners, the article itself is helpful for anyone who has persistent worries about pregnancy. It tackles a lot of the potential reasons why someone might have these worries, and ways to handle them.

We also have all of our pregnancy risk and fear resources linked from here: Pregnancy Scare Resources It might help to make sure all of your knowledge about birth control and how pregnancy actually works is up to date, and you can find all of that linked from this page.

Ultimately, if you find that this fear just won't quit, it's probably a good idea to take a break from any sexual activity that carries a pregnancy risk, at least for the time being, so you aren't causing yourself additional worry.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic